Innovation Week IWA 2022
November 10th, 2022
The Innovation Week IWA 2022 Competitions has been organized within OFEED in the context of contributing to the global economic, social and technological development. The aim is to contribute to developing a vision for the desired level of achievement in several areas of high importance to ensure an integrated and sustainable development.
Contestants are expected to reduce disadvantages, increase profitability for people as well as energy efficiency and to develop and present environmentally friendly projects.
The use of the latest technologies, coding skills, Artificial Intelligence and automation tools are recommended and will be highly appreciated since one of the main objectives is to encourage participants to discover and to get familiar with all amazing technologies that will reveal and increase their innovative skills and creative potential.
These competitions, which are of interest to a wide spectrum of people from basic sciences such as physics, chemistry, mathematics to engineering, covers the technological practices as well.
Participants are expected to prepare original projects and present their theory or creative projects. However, they are also expected to transform their work into a prototype, software, game, simulations, etc.
Registration can be completed online at: Online registration form
Previous editions Reports:
Innovation Week IWA 2021 Press Coverage and Photo Gallery
Sponsorship of this event can be done through the following link: Sponsorship starts here
We highly acknowledge the fact that it is quite difficult for overseas individual/group applicants to join the competition on site in person. Thus, we provide a convenient way to participate that can allow you to join IWA 2022 from distance!
Important: here after the recommended process to submit your idea / project / invention / product:
STEP 1: A participation form must be sent for each idea / project / invention / product.
Registration to the Innovation Week IWA 2022 should be completed online at:
- Online registration form (for all applicants)
The projects selection will be based on the answers in the application form
STEP 2: Pay the participation fees (online or by wire transfer).
1. PAYMENT METHOD
The total of participation fees should be paid online or by wire transfer.
- Access to “IWA 2022” event’s page and click on “add to cart” button through the following link: Innovation Week IWA 2022
- Introduce coupon code (if applicable), and proceed to checkout
- Fill required information and follow all steps until payment is completed successfully.
- You will receive Invoice by email and also can download it anytime at: My Orders
1. PROJECTS CATEGORIES
- Energy, renewable energy, electric power
- Mechanics / Motors / Machinery / Vehicles / Industrial / Metallurgy
- Computer science / Software / Electronic / Electrical
- Communication Methods
- Building / Architecture / Civil Engineering / Construction / Materials / Wood
- Sanitation / Ventilation / Heating
- Security / Rescue / Alarm
- Commercial, Industrial and office equipment
- Agriculture / Forestry and Garden / Pet and Livestock Supplies
- Traffic / Transportation / Car accessories
- Medical Technology / Medicine / Hygiene / Makeup Materials
- Graphic arts / Advertising
- Games / Sports / Hobby
- Information Technology
- Environmental protection
2. COMMISSIONS AND JUDGES
- Artificial Intelligence AI and high experienced and Awarded Inventors.
- Professors, experts and Intellectual Property professionals.
- Members of the Jury of the Organizing Committee
3. EVALUATION STANDARDS OF THE INVENTIONS
A. Evaluation method: the evaluation depends on the presentation of the inventions and the information provided by the inventor in the participation form.
B. Evaluation Criteria: The most important part of the score is determined by the "main idea" of invention. However, creativity, potential for technological advancement, practical feasibility and the marketability of the invention will also be assessed to constitute the overall mark.
4. EVALUATION CONDITIONS
Ideas copied on projects that already exist will automatically be disqualified from the competition
• Organizers certificates (Grand prize, Semi Grand prize, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Special Awards) are issued on the basis of the assessment of the overall rating.
Prizes are presented in the form of diplomas, medals and/or trophies according to the prize classification.
Other prizes not mentioned in this guide may also be issued.
Poster will be prepared for all participants and will include the following information:
- Organization or company logo (if provided)
- Drawing(s), 3D image(s) or prototype photo(s) (if provided)
- Problem to be solved
- Proposed solution
- Participant name (Company, School or institution)
- Authors, team members or Inventors names
- Category of the project
Only one image file is allowed and may include more than 1 drawing, 3D image or photo. Provided image should be in landscape format (Ex. 1200 x 600).
- Provided logo should have a transparent background colour
- Provided logo should be in landscape format (Ex. 300 x 200).
• Recommended content for the recorded video: 3D animation or working prototype demonstration to explain the project.
• File name should be in English characters or numbers
• Allowed video formats: *.mp4
• Full HD resolution (1920:1080 pixels)
• Recorded video should be horizontal (landscape only is allowed, please don’t use portrait mode video)
• If the video includes a music it must be copyright free
• Spoken language in the video should be in English. Other languages can be spoken in the video, however English subtitles must be included.
• Subtitle position (if used) should be at the bottom of the video
• If the video includes Participant’s Organization or company logo, it should NOT be located on the top right corner (reserved to OFEED logo)
• WeTransfer or any similar hosting services are allowed. Download link for the video should be sent in the registration form. However, if the download link has a deadline (depending on the hosting service used, like WeTransfer) it can be sent separately by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• IWA 2022 Background image can be used by participants to create their videos