Innovation Week IWA 2022
November 10th, 2022
$ 3,000,000 for the winners.
Additional awards list and cash prizes will be announced at the end of the registration period (September 30th, 2022).
The Innovation Week IWA 2022 is a unique event. Don't miss your chance, there are more than 60 competitions, and registration can be completed online at: Online registration form
If you still don’t have any inventions / innovations, no worries, you can enroll the following course right now and get prepared for the Innovation Week IWA 2022: Master of Innovation course
Previous editions Reports:
Innovation Week IWA 2021 Press Coverage and Photo Gallery
Payment of participation fees can be done through the following link: Payment starts here
Sponsorship of this event can be done through the following link: Sponsorship starts here
The Innovation Week IWA 2022 Competitions has been organized within OFEED in the context of contributing to the global economic, social and technological development. The aim is to contribute to developing a vision for the desired level of achievement in several areas of high importance to ensure an integrated and sustainable development.
Contestants are expected to reduce disadvantages, increase profitability for people as well as energy efficiency and to develop and present environmentally friendly projects.
The use of the latest technologies, coding skills, Artificial Intelligence and automation tools are recommended and will be highly appreciated since one of the main objectives is to encourage participants to discover and to get familiar with all amazing technologies that will reveal and increase their innovative skills and creative potential.
These competitions, which are of interest to a wide spectrum of people from basic sciences such as physics, chemistry, mathematics to engineering, covers the technological practices as well.
Participants are expected to prepare original projects and present their theory or creative projects. However, they are also expected to transform their work into a prototype, software, game, simulations, etc.
Contestants can develop projects based on the suggestions below:
- Producing innovative solutions with an integrated and smart approach
- Digital application experiences
- Disabled friendly solutions and their integration to applications
- Smart payment systems/pricing systems
- Digital and perfect experience solutions
- Meeting technological and service needs
- Redesigning all sectors with innovative solutions for environmental sustainability
- Developing projects which will transform human life into a simple, efficient and flowing state
Available competitions to date:
- International Invention and Innovation Contest, Open Category (26 years old and over)
- International Invention and Innovation Contest, Youth Category (up to 25 yeas old)
- Children's Art Show (3 to 6 years old)
- Primary School Students' Art Show
- Middle School Students' Art Show
- High School Students' Art Show
- High School Students' Music Making contest
- High School Students' Video Making contest
- High School Students' 3D conception contest
- High School Students' Research Projects contest
- University Students' Research Projects contest
- Master Science projects contest
- Doctorate Science projects contest
- Healthcare and medical technology contest
- E-learning and digital education technologies contest
- Environment and Energy technologies contest
- Water technologies contest
- Agriculture Forestry and Garden technologies contest
- Agricultural Unmanned Land Vehicles ULV contest
- Pet and Livestock Supplies technologies contest
- Sea transportation equipment design contest
- Energy / renewable energy and electric power technologies projects contest
- Traffic safety and smart Transportation Projects contest
- Environmental protection projects contest
- Biotechnology Projects contest
- Nanotechnology Projects contest
- Jet Engine Design Contest
- Electric Vehicle Design Contest
- Helicopter Design contest
- Model Satellite design contest
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles design contest
- Autonomous Vehicles contest
- Robotics and Artificial Intelligence Robots contest
- Rocket and Vertical Landing Rocket Design contest
- Startup projects contest
- Big data and Artificial Intelligence projects contest
- Natural Language Processing projects contest
- Tourism projects contest
- Flying car design contest
- Drone Design contest
- Unmanned Underwater Systems design contest
- Digital industry projects contest
- Industry 4.0 projects and beyond contest
- Social Innovations projects contest
- Autonomous Devices design contest
- Automation projects contest
- Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality technologies contest
- Sports technologies contest
- Home automation and related technologies contest
- Office technologies contest
- Smart cities technologies contest
- IoT objects technologies contest
- Printing technologies and 3D printers Design contest
- Architectural and Civil engineering design contest
- Chemical Industry projects contest
- Textiles technologies contest
- Hygiene products and technologies contest
- Industrial and laboratory equipments design contest
- Mechanical Engineering design contest
- Cosmetics products contest
- Kitchen and cooking technologies contest
- Network and Telecommunications technologies contest
The event benefit from many important partners including scientific and entrepreneurial institutions from engineering schools, universities, international organizations.
The Event calendar is planned as follows:
- Registration deadline: September 30th, 2022
- Payment deadline: October 10th, 2022
- Requirements deadline: October 10th, 2022
Event period (November 10th, 2022)
- Opening ceremony
- Speakers' sessions
- Innovations online exhibition and Judging
- Award / closing ceremony
- Awards delivery (online): November 11th to 13th, 2022
- Awards delivery (post mail): November 14th to 30th, 2022
- Presentations to investors: December 1st to 20th, 2022
We highly acknowledge the fact that it is quite difficult for overseas individual/group applicants to join the competition on site in person. Thus, we provide a convenient way to participate that can allow you to join IWA 2022 from distance!
Important: here after the recommended process to submit your idea / project / invention / product:
STEP 1: A participation form must be sent for each idea / project / invention / product.
Registration to the Innovation Week IWA 2022 should be completed online at:
- Online registration form (for all applicants)
The projects selection will be based on the answers in the application form
STEP 2: Pay the participation fees (online or by wire transfer).
1. PAYMENT METHOD
The total of participation fees should be paid online or by wire transfer.
- Access to “IWA 2022” event’s page and click on “add to cart” button through the following link: Innovation Week IWA 2022
- Introduce coupon code (if applicable), and proceed to checkout
- Fill required information and follow all steps until payment is completed successfully.
- You will receive Invoice by email and also can download it anytime at: My Orders
1. PROJECTS CATEGORIES
- Energy, renewable energy, electric power
- Mechanics / Motors / Machinery / Vehicles / Industrial / Metallurgy
- Computer science / Software / Electronic / Electrical
- Communication Methods
- Building / Architecture / Civil Engineering / Construction / Materials / Wood
- Sanitation / Ventilation / Heating
- Security / Rescue / Alarm
- Commercial, Industrial and office equipment
- Agriculture / Forestry and Garden / Pet and Livestock Supplies
- Traffic / Transportation / Car accessories
- Medical Technology / Medicine / Hygiene / Makeup Materials
- Graphic arts / Advertising
- Games / Sports / Hobby
- Information Technology
- Environmental protection
2. COMMISSIONS AND JUDGES
- Artificial Intelligence AI and high experienced and Awarded Inventors.
- Professors, experts and Intellectual Property professionals.
- Members of the Jury of the Organizing Committee
3. EVALUATION STANDARDS OF THE INVENTIONS
A. Evaluation method: the evaluation depends on the presentation of the inventions and the information provided by the inventor in the participation form.
B. Evaluation Criteria: The most important part of the score is determined by the "main idea" of invention. However, creativity, potential for technological advancement, practical feasibility and the marketability of the invention will also be assessed to constitute the overall mark.
4. EVALUATION CONDITIONS
Ideas copied on projects that already exist will automatically be disqualified from the competition
• Organizers certificates (Grand prize, Semi Grand prize, Gold, Silver, Bronze and Special Awards) are issued on the basis of the assessment of the overall rating.
Prizes are presented in the form of diplomas, medals and/or trophies according to the prize classification.
Other prizes not mentioned in this guide may also be issued.
Poster will be prepared for all participants and will include the following information:
- Organization or company logo (if provided)
- Drawing(s), 3D image(s) or prototype photo(s) (if provided)
- Problem to be solved
- Proposed solution
- Participant name (Company, School or institution)
- Authors, team members or Inventors names
- Category of the project
Only one image file is allowed and may include more than 1 drawing, 3D image or photo. Provided image should be in landscape format (Ex. 1200 x 600).
- Provided logo should have a transparent background colour
- Provided logo should be in landscape format (Ex. 300 x 200).
• Recommended content for the recorded video: 3D animation or working prototype demonstration to explain the project.
• File name should be in English characters or numbers
• Allowed video formats: *.mp4
• Full HD resolution (1920:1080 pixels)
• Recorded video should be horizontal (landscape only is allowed, please don’t use portrait mode video)
• If the video includes a music it must be copyright free
• Spoken language in the video should be in English. Other languages can be spoken in the video, however English subtitles must be included.
• Subtitle position (if used) should be at the bottom of the video
• If the video includes Participant’s Organization or company logo, it should NOT be located on the top right corner (reserved to OFEED logo)
• WeTransfer or any similar hosting services are allowed. Download link for the video should be sent in the registration form. However, if the download link has a deadline (depending on the hosting service used, like WeTransfer) it can be sent separately by email to: email@example.com
• IWA 2022 Background image can be used by participants to create their videos